Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stoplight Romance (a.k.a. Missed Connections)

Write a Missed Connections ad based on a character from one of your stories or create a new one. 
Here is an example of a missed connection ad from Craigslist:

BAND-AID YEARNS FOR CHIN

You wowed me with your whoopie cushion shenanigans for hours.. I was reluctant at first but then soon fell in line with the jubilant merriment. You can play it in our band! I wish I could give you your band-aid back.. but a new and sterile one. Did you really fall off your bike or was that just some beard burn on your chin? I don't care, let's get together and I'll give you some ointment!

When: Sunday, August 7, 2011
Where: This Toilet Earth
I saw a: Woman
I am a: Man

Use this format to write a missed connection ad based on a fictional character.  Here is an example:

I'LL BE YOUR KNIGHT IN SHINING OVERALLS
You:  Damsel in distress wearing a white dress and in distress.
Me: Brave mustached plummer with a fetish for overalls and mallets.
Will you let me help you get that monkey off your back?

When: Saturday
Where: Top of building
I saw a: Woman in the clutches of an ape
I am a: Barrel dodging plummer named  Luigi











No comments:

About Me

My photo
Junius Wright is a language arts teacher at the Academic Magnet High School in Charleston, SC.